Zelensky gives tragic update on Russia's Kyiv strikes
Zelensky gives tragic update on Russia's Kyiv strikes

Zelensky gives tragic update on Russia's Kyiv strikes

krainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said 23 people were killed in the Russian strikes on Kyiv on Thursday, August 28, including four children. Eight other people remain unaccounted for. Why It Matters
The Russian strikes on Ukraine come as President Donald Trump pushes for peace in Ukraine, urging Russian President Vladimir Putin to meet Zelensky and agree on a settlement that ends the war after his recent summits with the two leaders.
The Russian attacks risk stoking Trump's anger. He has threatened to take firmer action against Russia, likely in the form of secondary tariffs against its trading partners if it does not make peace with Ukraine quickly. What To Know
Zelensky said in a post on X that rescue operations at the site of a residential building that was hit, where all but one of the confirmed fatalities occurred, were now complete.
"The youngest girl was not even three years old," he said.
Zelensky said 53 people had been wounded in the strikes, which had also damaged buildings belonging to the European Union and the British Council.